Using the latest Angular features for 2023, we guarantee you this is the most comprehensive online course on Angular. You will learn Angular and become a confident Angular Developer by building real-world projects (including a massive video sharing application) step-by-step alongside a Senior Developer.
What you'll learn
- Build enterprise-level applications using Angular and TypeScript and deploy them to production
- Learn to lead Angular projects by making good architecture decisions and helping others on your team
- Use WebAssembly and Rust in your applications to improve performance and combine with the power of Angular
- Learn the latest features in Angular: Routing, Directives, Pipes, Services, Ahead of time Compilation + much more
- Use RxJS and Streams in your applications
- Master Angular Design Patterns
- Set up authentication and user accounts
- Use Firebase to build full-stack applications
- Learn to build reactive, performant, large-scale applications like a Senior Developer
- Learn to deal with Memory Leaks in your projects to improve performance
- Master Production and Deployment of a professional Angular app
- Learn to use TailwindCSS in an Angular application
- Master the latest ecosystem of a Angular Developer from scratch
- Become a top 10% Angular Developer
Using the latest version of Angular, this course is focused on efficiency. So you never have to waste your time on confusing, out-of-date, incomplete tutorials anymore.
Instead, we'll push you beyond the basics so that you can build modern, enterprise-level apps and become a professional Angular Developer.
And you'll be learning Angular in good company.
By enrolling today, you’ll also get to join our exclusive live online community classroom to learn alongside thousands of students, alumni, mentors, TAs and Instructors.
Active. Thriving. Supportive. Helpful. Friendly. Motivating. Essential.
These are just a few of the words students use to describe the ZTM Discord which is also one of the biggest and most active developer communities on Discord.
Most importantly, you will be learning from a senior industry professional (Luis) that has actual real-world experience using Angular.
This project-based course will introduce you to the modern toolchain of an Angular (formally AngularJS/Angular.js) Developer in 2023.
Along the way, you will build a massive video sharing application using Angular, TypeScript, WebAssembly, Rust, RxJS, TailwindCSS, Firebase, and much more.
This is a full-stack app unlike what you will find in most Angular tutorials online!
We will also build other mini projects along the way so you feel confident deploying any Angular project to production in the future by yourself.
All code is provided step-by-step so even if you don’t like to code along, you will get access to all the code from the projects we build to add to your portfolio.
Here is what this course will cover to take you from Zero to Angular Mastery:
The curriculum is very hands-on as we walk you from start to finish of releasing a professional Angular project all the way into production.
We start from the very beginning by teaching you Angular fundamentals.
But we don't stop there, we'll then dive into advanced topics so that you can make good decisions on architecture and tools for any of your future Angular projects.
Finally, this course will be constantly evolving and updating as the landscape changes. Just as the Angular ecosystem evolves, we will ensure this course is constantly updated with new lectures and resources.
It will be your one go-to place to get all the latest Angular best practices anytime in the future.
Here's a section by section breakdown:
1. BOOTSTRAPPING ANGULAR - In this section, we'll explore how an Angular application is bootstrapped on the browser. Unlike other frameworks, Angular gives developers a lot of boilerplates for starter projects.
How does Angular load an application? What is ahead-of-time compilation? What are platforms? These are the types of questions that'll be answered in this section along with an introduction to modules and components.
2. (Optional) TYPESCRIPT - In this section, you'll learn the fundamentals of TypeScript. While optional, Angular is heavily written with TypeScript. The goal of this section is to get you up to speed on TypeScript for Angular development. Topics include type annotations, type inference, generics, interfaces, and decorators.
3. COMPONENT FUNDAMENTALS - In this section, we'll explore components in-depth. Components are considered the building blocks of an application. They're a feature for teaching browsers new HTML tags.
We'll start from the basics of property binding and work our way up to topics like inputs/outputs, content projection, and lifecycle hooks.
4. TRANSFORMING CONTENT - In this section, we'll take the next step of working with components by discovering directives and pipes. They're a feature for transforming the output of content whether it's through appearance or behavior. Angular ships dozens of pipes and directives, most of which will be covered.
5. MASTER PROJECT: COMPONENT DESIGN - In this section, we will finally start working on the master project for this course. We're going to be building a video-sharing application for gamers!
Building large-scale applications can be challenging but we break it down step-by-step for you. You'll learn how to structure an application by utilizing common design patterns for components.
Concepts such as services, singletons, multi-slot content projection, dealing with memory leaks, and TailwindCSS integration are discussed in this section.
6. MASTER PROJECT: REACTIVE FORMS - In this section, we'll start working on registering accounts with reactive forms. Forms can be tricky to deal with. Angular ships a module for helping us deal with validating, submitting, and rendering forms. This section will focus on dealing with forms in Angular.
7. MASTER PROJECT: TEMPLATE FORMS - In this section, we'll look at an alternative module for working with forms called template forms. We'll talk about the differences between template forms and reactive forms. By the end, you'll have a good idea of when to use either module system.
8. INTRO TO RXJS - In this section, we'll learn about RXJS for helping us deal with asynchronous operations. RXJS is a library that helps us deal with streams of data and feed it into various components. In some cases, you may need to subscribe to multiple sources of data. With RxJS, we can easily simplify the flow of data from beginning to end.
9. MASTER PROJECT: AUTHENTICATION - In this section, we'll revisit our master project to add authentication. Behind the scenes, we'll integrate Firebase to help us store user data, handle tokens, and authenticate users. Lastly, we'll use RxJS to help us handle the response from Firebase.
10. MASTER PROJECT: CUSTOM VALIDATORS - In this section, we're going to revisit forms to handle custom validation. Synchronous and asynchronous validation is supported in Angular. This will get us into a design pattern called factory functions for creating dynamic validators. Most importantly, we'll learn how to handle custom errors.
11. MASTER PROJECT: ROUTING - In this section, we'll learn how routing will open the door for organizing our project into separate pages/components. Under the hood, Angular leverages the history API for boosting the performance of the app by preventing the browser from re-downloading assets on navigation.
Angular is packed with features support parameters, queries, wildcards, generating links, redirection and so much more.
12. MASTER PROJECT: UPLOADING FILES - In this section, we're going to start uploading files to Firebase. It's vital we validate files with Firebase. We don't want users to accidentally download a malicious file when watching videos.
We'll cover how to enforce validation with Firebase rules. After doing so, we'll store additional information in a database. We'll even cover how to implement a fallback solution in case drag and drop is not available.
13. WEBASSEMBLY & RUST - In this section, we'll step away from the master project to discuss WebAssembly and Rust.
WebAssembly is a new technology for interacting with the user's hardware from the browser. It won't be long before WebAssembly becomes a common skill amongst developers. Get ahead of the curve by learning how it can help us bring desktop experiences to the browser.
Don't worry if you don't have any experience with systems programming, this section is designed to be as friendly as possible to beginners.
14. MASTER PROJECT: PROCESSING VIDEOS WITH FFMPEG - In this section, we'll get back into the master project to process videos with FFmpeg. FFmpeg is a tool for interacting with audio and video files.
15. MASTER PROJECT: PLAYING VIDEOS - In this section, we're going to finalize our app by playing videos with the popular Video.js library. Users will be able to search through uploads with infinite scrolling. Lastly, we'll run into CORS issues, which is notorious for confusing developers. Learn why CORS errors appear when embedding content.
16. MASTER PROJECT: DEPLOYMENT & PRODUCTION - In this section, we'll share our project with the world by deploying the App with Vercel. Final adjustments are made to the build such as updating the Firebase rules and updating budgets.
What's the bottom line?
This course is not about making you just code along without understanding the principles so that when you are done with the course you don’t know what to do other than watch another tutorial... No!
This course will push you and challenge you to go from an absolute beginner in Angular to someone that is in the top 10% of Angular developers 💪.
How do we know?
Because thousands of Zero To Mastery graduates have gotten hired and are now working at companies like Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, JP Morgan, Facebook, Shopify + other top tech companies.
They come from all different backgrounds, ages, and experiences. Many even started as complete beginners.
So there's no reason it can't be you too.
And you have nothing to lose. Because you can start learning right now and if this course isn't everything you expected, we'll refund you 100% within 30 days. No hassles and no questions asked.
When's the best time to get started? Today!
There's never a bad time to learn in-demand skills. But the sooner, the better. So start learning Angular today by joining the ZTM Academy. You'll have a clear roadmap to developing the skills to build your own projects, get hired, and advance your career.Start learning now