We guarantee you that this is the most efficient and up-to-date way to learn Django. You will learn Django from scratch, build a bunch of fun and practical Django projects and gain the skills you need to get hired as a Django Developer in 2023!
What you'll learn
- How to build complete, fully functional web applications from scratch using Django
- Solidify your skills by building multiple projects
- Learn why Django is a favorite framework amongst developers
- Leverage Django's admin interface to manage your application's data
- How to use Django's built-in ORM (Object-Relational Mapping) to interact with databases
- Understand the MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture and how it's implemented in Django as MVT (Model-View-Template)
- Create and process forms in Django, including form validation, submission, and displaying form data
- Implement URL routing and navigation, including how to define URL patterns in Django and map them to specific views
- Utilize the REST framework, a powerful toolkit for building Web APIs
- Have the skills and understanding of Django to confidently apply for developer jobs
This Django course covers all the Django best practices and trends for 2023 and is focused on efficiency.
That means you'll never have to spend time on confusing, out-of-date, incomplete tutorials anymore.
Instead, we'll quickly push you beyond the basics so that you can build professional, modern apps on your own using the latest version of Django and become a Django Programmer.
The success stories speak for themselves.
Graduates of Zero To Mastery are now working at Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, Uber, Facebook, Shopify + other top tech companies. They are also working as top freelancers getting paid while working remotely around the world. This can be you.
By enrolling today, you’ll also get to join our exclusive live online community classroom to learn alongside thousands of students, alumni, mentors, TAs and Instructors.
Most importantly, you will learn from a senior industry professional that has actual real-world experience working with Django.
Why Should I Learn Django?
Django is an open-source web framework written in Python that enables developers to quickly build robust and scalable web applications.
Django’s slogan is “The web framework for perfectionists with deadlines”, making it useful for developers who want to get web applications built efficiently.
It achieves this by following the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern and promotes the Don't Repeat Yourself (DRY) principle in everything it does, emphasizing efficiency and reusability.
But that's just the beginning...here's the key reasons why you should learn Django:
- Rapid development: Django provides a wide range of built-in features and functionalities, including authentication, database management, form handling, and admin interface. These ready-to-use components help accelerate the development process, allowing developers to focus more on application logic rather than repetitive tasks.
- Scalability: Django is designed to handle high-traffic websites and can scale effortlessly. Its architecture promotes code modularity and encourages the use of reusable apps, making it easier to extend and maintain applications as they grow.
- Security: Django has built-in security features to help developers avoid common web application vulnerabilities. It handles user authentication, protects against cross-site scripting (XSS) and cross-site request forgery (CSRF) attacks, and provides secure password hashing.
- Database Support: Django supports multiple databases, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, and Oracle. It offers an Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) layer that abstracts database interactions, making it simpler to work with databases and write database-agnostic code.
- Versatile Ecosystem: Django has a vast ecosystem with numerous third-party packages and libraries available. These packages can be easily integrated into Django projects, extending the functionality and saving development time.
- Active Community: Django has a large and active community of developers who contribute to its continuous improvement. The community provides extensive documentation, tutorials, and support, making it easier for developers to learn and troubleshoot any issues they encounter.
Basically take the most important ingredients that developers want to see, mix them in a pot, and what have you got? Django! These factors make Django a super popular choice for web development, especially for those looking to build complex, data-driven applications.
Here's what this Django course covers:
This course, like all Zero To Mastery courses, is a living thing that will be constantly updated and expanded as Django evolves. That means it will be your go-to place to find the latest Django best practices and resources throughout your career.
1. INTRODUCTION TO DJANGO - Before we start building, let's learn exactly what Django is, how it’s used, and some of the framework’s features from a higher level. This section gets you primed to dive into building fun projects.
2. DJANGO INSTALLATION AND SETUP - We’ll get your computer and environment setup to start coding. We’ll install python, a code editor, and look at an online option. You can skip this if you already have python installed as well as a code editor of choice.
3. YOUR FIRST DJANGO APP - HELLO WORLD - You’ll get building with Django, learning about Django routing with URLs and views. By the end of this section you will also learn about showing dynamic data with dynamic routes.
4. DJANGO TEMPLATES & FAVORITE MOVIES PROJECT - We’ll introduce templates, and the Django templating language. It allows us to interact with variables passed to us, as well as perform programming logic. Our final product will be an application that lists your favorite movies.
5. DJANGO MODELS & JOB BOARD PROJECT - Now we’ll introduce data into the mix. This is a very powerful concept and lets us store and interact with changing information. Previously we hard-coded all the information. In this project we’ll learn about Django models, and use the Django ORM.
6. DJANGO ADMIN - Django comes with a built-in admin that lets you interact with your application and do things like create, edit, and search for data. It’s a great feature that’s built into the framework. We’ll update the previous Job Board project to have the admin setup.
7. DJANGO FORMS & BITLY CLONE PROJECT - We learned how to add data via the admin, but this section tackles how to interact with our stored data right from our application. We’ll create a Bitly clone that lets users create, update, and track link clicks. We will cover how to use Django forms in this section.
8. DJANGO CLASS-BASED VIEWS & LINKTREE CLONE PROJECT - This section lets us build a very cool LinkTree clone. This link in bio tool lets the user create a landing page with links to whatever they want. Previously we used python functions to create views. In this section we cover class based views and how they differ from the functional ones.
9. USER AUTHENTICATION AND AUTHORIZATION & TRAVEL TRACKING PROJECT - A major part of most applications is letting users sign-up. In this section we implement user authentication and authorization and create a very cool app to let users track their travels. We’ll combine all the previous concepts to create a fully functioning app that lets users login, upload images, and interact with their data.
10. DJANGO REST FRAMEWORK FUNDAMENTALS - Django is commonly used as a backend framework paired with a frontend technology or other device (React/Vue, mobile app, desktop app, etc.). This section gives an intro to the Django Rest Framework, which is a popular library to turn Django into a web API. We’ll create a restaurant menu that can be consumed and displayed by any device.
What's the bottom line?
This course is not about making you just code along without understanding the principles so that when you are done with the course you don’t know what to do other than watch another tutorial. No!
This course will push you and challenge you to go from an absolute beginner to someone that is in the top 10% of Django developers 💪.
And you have nothing to lose. You can start learning right now and if this course isn't everything you expected, we'll refund you 100% within 30 days. No hassles and no questions asked.
When's the best time to get started? Today!
There's never a bad time to learn in-demand skills. But the sooner, the better. So start learning Django today by joining the ZTM Academy. You'll have a clear roadmap to developing the skills to build your own projects, get hired, and advance your career.Start learning now