Updated with all modern SQL and Database (PostgreSQL, MySQL) features for 2022, you'll learn SQL from not one, but two industry experts. Learning SQL and database best practices from this bootcamp will help you level-up your skillset to earn a higher salary and even get you hired.
What you'll learn
- Become an expert in SQL and Database concepts
- Add SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Database Management, and Database Design to your resume
- Learn how Machine Learning, Data Science and Data Engineers use Big Data and databases
- Use the right SQL features to work with data efficiently and solve database problems
- Learn to make business and market decisions based on user data
- Create your own databases while using SQL to interact with the data
- Tons of exercises to practice what you learn and test your knowledge
- Advanced SQL topics like indexes, aggregates, and caching to make your database queries efficient
- Learn how to handle user passwords and keep data safe
- Learn to use Redis for fast memory storage
- Understand SQL vs NoSQL and MongoDB vs MySQL vs PostgreSQL
- Learn to perform efficient and performant SQL queries using best practices
- Apply for SQL Developer, Database Administrator, Business Analyst, Backend Developer and Business Intelligence roles
- Database best practices to design and manage your company data
- Learn how to scale databases by using things like Sharding, Replication, etc.
- Use real-world data to generate insights and reports using SQL
- Help Sales, Marketing, and Product Managers make better decisions based on data analysis
- Learn how databases are used in Web & Mobile Applications, Machine Learning and other fields
- Work with SQL across multiple tables and multiple databases
- Master SQL joins
SQL is one of the most in-demand tech skills in the world. It's not the "sexiest" skill but there's a reason it's still growing even though it's been around since the 1970s. Very few technologies can say that.
Using the latest best practices in SQL, Database Management and Database Design, this course is focused on efficiency.
That means you never have to waste time on confusing, out of date, incomplete tutorials anymore.
We guarantee you this is the most comprehensive online resource on Databases like PostgreSQL and MySQL.
This exercise based course will introduce you to all of the modern toolchain of a SQL Developer or anyone using a database in the workplace. Roles like:
- Product Managers
- Business Analysts
- Data Analysts
- Data Scientists
- Machine Learning Engineers
- Web Developers and Mobile Developers
And every other role that requires insights from data. Along the way, you'll learn practical and real world skills that will get you hired.
Just like thousands of other ZTM graduates who are now working at Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, Uber, Facebook, Shopify + other top tech companies. They are also working as top freelancers getting paid while working remotely around the world. This can be you.
By enrolling today, you’ll also get to join our exclusive live online community classroom to learn alongside thousands of students, alumni, mentors, TAs and Instructors.
Most importantly, you will learn from two industry experts that have real-world experiencing having built and managed databases for large companies in Toronto and Silicon Valley.
The curriculum is very hands on. We take you from start to finish of working with databases and SQL, all the way into learning how to scale databases and how to manage them.
There's even bonus material on working with Big Data, Caching using Redis, and connecting PostgreSQL to a Node.js server. You will even learn about the pros and cons of choosing a SQL database vs. NoSQL database (like MongoDB).
You will start from the very beginning by learning SQL and Database fundamentals, but we won't stop there. You will then learn advanced topics so that you can make good decisions and work with any data that your company has, no matter how complex!
The topics you'll learn in this SQL + Databases Bootcamp course:
- NoSQL (MongoDB) vs PostgreSQL, MySQL vs NewSQL
- SQL Theory And Concepts
- The Relational Model
- SQL Basics
- SQL Functions
- Data Modification Language / DML
- Data Query Language / DQL
- SQL Filtering / WHERE Statement
- 3 Valued Logic
- SQL JOINS
- Window Functions
- Date Filtering and Timestamps
- SQL Aggregate Functions
- SQL Operator Precedense
- SQL ORDER BY
- SQL GROUP BY
- SQL Top Down Design
- SQL Bottom Up Design
- SQL Entity Relationship Diagram
- SQL Normalization
- Database Types
- The role of a DBMS
- Multi Table SELECT
- The Software Development Lifecycle / SDLC
- POSTGRES Role Management
- POSTGRES Permission Management
- POSTGRES Backup Strategies
- POSTGRES Transaction Management/ SQL Transactions
- POSTGRES/SQL Data Types
- SQL Views
- Redis Database
- Connecting A Database To A Server/Web App (Node.js)
- Data Engineering (Kafka, Hadoop, etc...)
- Vertical + Horizontal Scaling
- Distributed vs Centralized Databases
- Big Data + Analytics
- Database Security (SQL Injections, Access Control, etc...)
- And more!
You will be able to work with all of the most popular databases like: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, SQLite, MariaDB, Amazon Redshift, Presto, Apache Hive with Hadoop, and many more!
You see, data is everywhere and it is the most valuable asset in the world. All the top companies need people that can work with data. That's where this course comes in.
The truth is though... there are many SQL courses and even free tutorials online.
So here are 5 reasons why this bootcamp is different (and better) from any other SQL / PostgreSQL / MySQL / Database tutorial online:
1. You will learn to work with not just one, but many databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft Server, Redis, and more.
We take you from absolutely zero knowledge and no technical/programming experience, all the way to mastery. You will go beyond basic SQL commands and learn advanced techniques, database best practices, database design and how to optimize for performance, security, and scalability.
2. Learn SQL & Databases from the best.
This course is taught by Mo and Andrei, two Senior Developers who have actually worked on massive projects for some of the top tech companies in the world.
Mo is a SQL & Database expert and works as a Solutions Architect. He has built software for the European Union, launched products for five Fortune 500 companies, and has consulted at Google.
Andrei has worked on enterprise-level applications for large tech firms in Silicon Valley as well as Toronto. Thousands of students from around the world have now taken his courses and many are now working at places like Google, Amazon and Tesla. You could too.
By having both Andrei and Mo teach, you get to see different perspectives and learn from two engineers as if you are working on projects at a company together with them.
3. You will learn by doing and actually have fun along the way.
Most tutorials are boring or out of date. The course is very different. You will start the course by getting hired at Keiko Corp and be tasked with investigating their recent Database breach 🕵️♀️.
You will be working on real-world assignments and exercises, analyzing databases and hidden information and learning the skills you need so that you can help Keiko Corp solve their data breach mystery!
4. You will go beyond the basics.
This course is not about making you just code along without understanding the principles so that when you are done with the course you don’t know what to do other than watch another tutorial... No!
This course will push you and challenge you to go from an absolute beginner in SQL and Databases to someone that is in the top 10% of SQL and Database experts 💪.
5. You won't be learning alone. You'll be learning alongside hundreds of other students from around the world in our private online community 👋.
You will have a chance to communicate with fellow students, work on group projects together, and contribute to open source projects. And anytime you have a question, you can ask and get help right away (including directly from Mo and Andrei).
Active. Thriving. Supportive. Helpful. Friendly. Motivating. Essential.
These are just a few of the words students use to describe the ZTM Developer Community Discord which also happens to be one of the biggest and most active developer communities on Discord.
You have nothing to lose. You can start learning right now and if this course isn't everything you expected, we'll refund you 100% within 30 days. No hassles and no questions asked.
When's the best time to get started? Today!
There's never a bad time to learn in-demand skills. But the sooner, the better. So start learning today by joining the ZTM Academy. You'll have a clear roadmap to developing the skills to build your own projects, get hired, and advance your career.Start learning now