This course is your step-by-step roadmap to becoming an admired and respected Senior Developer. You'll learn the most in-demand skills and topics that you need to know to get ahead in 2023 and become a top level developer. We guarantee you won't find a course out there that is as comprehensive, up-to-date, and better quality.
What you'll learn
- How to improve the performance of any web application (Code Splitting, Load Balancing, Caching, Code Optimizations, and much more)
- Learn the technologies that are being used behind-the-scenes at the biggest tech companies
- Server Side Rendering vs. Client Side Rendering
- Become a top 10% Developer by learning advanced topics most courses don't cover
- Implement Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment, proper security for your company and make your boss happy
- Have a full featured image recognition app to put onto your portfolio that is guaranteed to wow any employer
- Create a Progressive Web App
- How to lead technical projects as a Senior Developer
- Testing: write all kinds of tests and learn about all the testing tools you can use to write better software
- Webpack and Parcel, SSH, Docker, AWS, Sessions and JWT
This is the course you've been looking for if you want to break out from being a Junior Developer, level up your skills, and earn a higher salary.
This is the follow-up course to Andrei's extremely popular and top rated coding bootcamp.
You'll get the exact steps and learn all of the most in-demand technical skills that you need to know to go from Junior to becoming a Senior Developer this year.
And the results speak for themselves.
Graduates of this course and Zero To Mastery are now working at Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, Uber, Facebook, Shopify + other top tech companies.
They are also working as top freelancers getting paid while working remotely around the world.
This can be you.
By enrolling today, you’ll also get to join our exclusive live online community classroom to learn alongside thousands of students, alumni, mentors, TAs and Instructors.
Most importantly, you will learn how to become a Senior Developer from an industry expert that has actual real-world experience working for top companies in both Silicon Valley and Toronto.
Why should you take this advanced programming course?
Andrei here... give me 5 minutes of your time to explain why I created this course.
No course like this exists out there because this is a really difficult topic to teach and to combine all of the technologies we cover into one course is a long and hard process.
That's partially why most courses are just targeted to beginners.
But I don't think people should settle for being a Junior Developer.
This is the hardest work I've ever done in my life. It took me months to plan, months to film, months to edit, and years of experience to create.
By the end of this course you will have a fully functioning image recognition app to show off in your portfolio.
And you'll be able to add all of the skillsets listed below to your resume, impress your boss, and ace your next interview.
You will be taken from absolute zero to knowing how to:
- Use React and Redux to build complex and large applications
- Improve performance of any web application (Code Splitting, Load Balancing, Caching, Code Optimizations, and much more)
- Use SSH on a remote linux server and generate ssh keys
- Use Webpack and Parcel to set up a project and bundle your files
- Implement proper security and securing your apps like an expert
- Use AWS Lambda and Serverless architecture to manage applications that can handle millions of users
- Use Typescript on a project to have less bugs in your code
- Write all kinds of tests and learn about all the testing tools you can use to write better software
- Use Docker and docker compose to create containers for your services
- Use Sessions and JWT to manage user authentication and authorization
- Use Redis database for session management and caching
- Decide when to use Server Side Rendering vs Client Side Rendering for your projects
- Create a Progressive Web App that works offline like a native mobile app
- Implement Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment for your company and make your boss happy
Trust me, some of these may not mean anything to you now but they are the topics and skillsets that ALL Senior Developers know and can use.
Not only will you learn how to do these things, but most importantly, you will deeply understand why they exist and what problems they solve.
Why does that matter?
Because by truly understanding the "why", you can speak intelligently about them in interviews even without a lot of experience using them.
And when asked by your boss, you will be trusted to take the lead on the project and implement them.
Here are 5 things that set this course apart from the rest:
1. Learn only the most in-demand skills for 2023.
We won’t be using outdated technologies that a lot of courses online use.
Although still useful, outdated technologies are low-paying and demand for them is decreasing. In this course, you will learn the specific technologies that are the most in-demand in the industry right now.
This includes the tools and technologies used by the biggest tech companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon etc.
If you are serious about taking your career as a Web Developer to the next level in 2023, then this course is for you.
Here are the in-demand skills that you will become comfortable using and be able to put on your resume:
- React + Redux
- Webpack + Parcel
- Node.js + Express
- Front End Performance Optimizations
- Back End Performance Optimization
- Progressive Web Apps
- Software Testing
- Server Side Rendering and Client Side Rendering
- Front End Security Optimizations
- Back End Security Optimizations
- Sessions + JWT
- Amazon Web Services ("AWS")
- Serverless Architecture
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Deployment
2. You will no longer be a Junior Developer.
The course is designed to level up your skills ABOVE a Junior Developer role. Some of my students who now work at some of the largest tech firms in the world as Senior Developers used this course as their roadmap.
After finishing this course, you will be able to apply for Intermediate and Senior Developer roles. You will no longer be a Junior Developer.
We won't be taking any shortcuts in this course.
3. You'll learn from someone (me 🙋♂️) that has actual real-world experience working in Silicon Valley and Toronto.
I have built large-scale applications. I've managed teams of developers. I am not an online marketer or a salesman. I'm a software developer who has worked directly with these technologies.
Since I started teaching my Complete Web Developer Coding Bootcamp, I realized that there are so many courses to help beginners.
My students kept asking me where they could keep learning more advanced topics. There wasn't much available. So I created this course to fill that gap for them.
Unfortunately, most courses out there (that are actually affordable) are:
- Taught by teachers with no real-world work experience or...
- Are super long and boring, teaching you outdated topics or things that don't matter to get hired or...
- Don't give you a clear step-by-step roadmap that pushes you and challenges you, they just make you follow along, watching someone else code... this is useless to you!
There is so much information out there, so many opinions, and so many ways of doing things. Unless you have spent the last few years working with these technologies in a company, you will never fully understand.
This course is the answer to that exact problem.
4. Your time is valuable.
This course is the accumulation of all of my years working in the industry, learning, and teaching programming to thousands of people around the world.
I have gone through literally hundreds of coding books, online tutorials, and bootcamps. I've experienced the frustration of wasting time on incomplete and outdated tutorials.
I've interviewed candidates. I've been interviewed. I know what companies are looking for and what separates senior from junior candidates.
I've done all of this, so that you don't have to. Your time is valuable.
I've condensed only the most important and up-to-date information and the best way to learn it all into a step-by-step roadmap to becoming a superstar Web Developer.
P.S. ~20% of Zero To Mastery students are people currently taking full-tme coding bootcamps (and have spent $8,000+ 👎) or are full-time computer science students. But they are still taking this course and our other Zero To Mastery courses.
I'll let you draw your own conclusion!
5. We have a thriving online community so you really feel like you are part of a classroom and not just watching videos by yourself.
You will have a chance to communicate with fellow students, work on group projects together, and contribute to open source projects. And anytime you have a question, you can ask and get help right away (including from myself).
If you succeed in this course, that is my success as well. Therefore, I will be there every step of the way helping you understand concepts and answering any questions you have.
Active. Thriving. Supportive. Helpful. Friendly. Motivating. Essential.
These are just a few of the words students use to describe the ZTM Developer Community Discord which also happens to be one of the biggest and most active developer communities on Discord.
6. Have fun while learning.
Sounds crazy right?!
Like many online courses, you will be taken through a series of videos and exercises.
But how this course is so different is that we follow a storyline where you are hired by Keiko Corp. A fast-growing tech company that has two products which definitely need some work.
Almost like a video game, in each section of the course, you will solve different problems for Keiko Corp. which mimic real life scenarios you will encounter as a Senior Developer.
Why learn all these topics? Why bother upgrading your skills?
Because in this day and age, just being a Junior Developer won't make you happy.
You want to feel important, smart, and admired at work.
You want to be able to make big decisions.
I'm going to help you get there. I guarantee that by the end of this course, you will be able to grow in your role, have more confidence, earn more respect, and command a higher salary.
When's the best time to get started? Today!
There's never a bad time to learn in-demand skills. But the sooner, the better. So take your first step to becoming a Senior Developer today by joining the ZTM Academy. You'll have a clear roadmap to developing the skills you need to take your career to the next level.Start learning now