We guarantee you that this is the best and most up-to-date Excel for Business Intelligence Bootcamp that you can find. Yes, you'll learn to use the advanced Excel 'power' tools including Power Query, Power Pivot Tables, and the DAX formula language. But you'll even build an end-to-end Business Intelligence solution for a fictional Surf Shop where you'll create dozens of KPIs that provide deep insight into business performance. By the end, you'll have the skills to get hired as a Business Intelligence Analyst in 2023!
What you'll learn
- Become a top 10% Business Intelligence Analyst to enhance your skillset and career opportunities
- Build an end-to-end Business Intelligence solution for a fictional surf shop, including dozens of powerful KPIs that provide deep insight into business performance
- Use Power Query to pull external datasets into Excel, and transform them into whatever shape is needed for data analysis
- Master the art and science of Data Modeling in Excel, connecting relational datasets from Power Query so they can be analyzed together
- Build 'Power' Pivot Tables to rapidly extract insights from the Excel Data Model, whether your data tables have 10 rows or 10 million
- Proficiently apply the DAX formula language, to inject sophisticated calculations and KPIs into Pivot Tables
- Polish calculations into professional presentations, with data visualization tools like Pivot Charts and conditional formatting
- Use Excel's powerful charting engine to tell the story of your data with attractive data visualizations
- Learn how to build Excel formulas for data analysis, data science, data entry, and everyday office use
- Leverage Slicers and Timelines to engineer dynamic dashboards that maximize the amount of information you can present on a single screen
- Learn how to use Microsoft Excel to supplement your Power BI skills
- Loads of exercises to practice and perfect your skills
- Learn why Excel is one of the most popular pieces of software across all industries
- Master Excel's built-in 'power' tools and see how they're nearly identical to those found in Microsoft's flagship Business Intelligence tool, Power BI
Why learn Excel for Business Intelligence?
Business Intelligence, commonly referred to as "BI", is one of the fastest growing and most in-demand fields in technology. BI is a broad term that encompasses data mining, data analysis, performance benchmarking using KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), and descriptive analytics.
Meanwhile, Excel is one of the most powerful applications ever built, with a massive and widely underappreciated feature set. It has the horsepower and flexibility to play a crucial role in everyone's toolbox.
Together? Well that's where you can make magic happen. And that magic is what this Business Intelligence with Excel Bootcamp teaches you.
Just because Excel is seemingly on everybody’s desktop does not mean that its BI tools are pedestrian.
To the contrary, Excel’s built-in “power” tools - such as Power Query for ETL (extract, transform, load) operations, the Excel Data Model for managing relational data (like that stored in relational databases), and the DAX formula language for advanced data analysis - are nearly identical to those found in Microsoft’s flagship Business Intelligence tool, Power BI.
And Excel’s extensive suite of charting and visualization tools, long considered one of its most powerful features, can translate the results of any data analysis into visually compelling and meaningful presentations that will 'wow' your colleagues and boss.
Why this Excel BI course?
This course is focused on efficiency.
So you never have to waste your time on confusing, out-of-date, incomplete tutorials anymore.
Instead, you'll learn everything from the basics of Business Intelligence to using the most advanced 'power' features Excel has to offer. All in one course.
And you'll be learning Excel BI in a fun and supportive environment.
By enrolling today, you’ll also get to join our exclusive live online community classroom to learn alongside thousands of students, alumni, mentors, TAs and Instructors.
Most importantly, you will be learning from an industry expert that has actual real-world experience working as a Data Solutions Engineer on massive datasets for some of the largest companies.
Here is what the course will cover to take you from Zero to Mastery:
The curriculum is presented in basic building blocks so that you can build your knowledge step-by-step.
We start from the very beginning by teaching you the fundamentals before quickly ramping up to advanced topics.
Here's a section by section breakdown:
1. POWER QUERY - A feature-packed yet easy-to-use tool for extracting, transforming, and loading ("ETL" for short) data from just about any source you can imagine into Excel.
From text files to databases, wherever the data you want to analyze might be stored, you can use Power Query to pull it into Excel and then transform it however you need to support your analysis.
2. POWER PIVOT TABLES & THE EXCEL DATA MODEL - You'll be introduced to one of our favorite parts of Excel: Power Pivot Tables.
A Pivot Table is a table of grouped values that aggregates the individual items of a more extensive table within one or more discrete categories (such as sums, averages, or other statistics), which the Pivot Table groups together using a chosen aggregation function applied to the grouped values. But wait, where's the power?
You'll turn your Pivot Tables into “Power” Pivot Tables by connecting them to the Excel Data Model, a relational database that lives right inside Excel. The Excel Data Model gives you the ability to mash up and analyze multiple datasets in a single Pivot Table, no VLOOKUPS required.
And unlike how “traditional” Excel starts to sputter out once you try playing around with more than a couple hundred thousand rows of data, Power Pivot lets you work with up to hundreds of millions of records in a single Excel file... Now that's power!
3. DAX PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE - Learn my favorite subject all the way from scratch to advanced: DAX (Data Analysis Expressions), a powerful programming language built right into Excel.
DAX allows you to incorporate complex portable calculations called "measures" into Pivot Tables. It might best be described as "Excel formulas on steroids".
Sound complex? It doesn't have to be.
Since the basics of DAX syntax are easy to pick up if you’re already familiar with Excel formulas, the course also ventures into advanced topics like Time Intelligence, Iterator Functions, and Variables (yes, variables in Excel formulas!).
That's right, we'll break it down step-by-step so you learn exactly how powerful the DAX programming language is and how you can master its magic.
4. DATA VISUALIZATION - Learn to tell a story with your data using a series of powerful visualization techniques - from conditional formatting to Pivot Charts - that can transform calculations into insights that can be used to make real-world decisions.
Data visualization is an important piece of Business Intelligence.
As humans we're often visual learners - we can't just look at a spreadsheet of numbers, we need to visualize it in order to separate the signal from the noise. Here you will learn how to do just that, so you can tell a persuasive story with your data that will influence how you (and your clients or boss!) make decisions.
Excel’s extensive suite of charting and visualization tools, long considered one of its most powerful features, can translate the results of any data analysis into a visually compelling and meaningful presentation for you. Even James Bond would've benefited from using data visualization to help communicate his intelligence reports!
5. DYNAMIC DASHBOARDS USING SLICERS AND TIMELINES - Plus you'll learn the techniques for building dynamic dashboards in Excel using Slicers and Timelines to not only filter charts, but actually change the metrics displayed in them.
What's the bottom line?
This course is not about making you just watch along so that when you are done with the course you don’t know what to do other than watch another tutorial... No!
This course will push you and challenge you to go from an absolute beginner in Business Intelligence and turn you into a Business Intelligence Analyst using Excel 💪.
How do we know?
Because thousands of Zero To Mastery graduates have gotten hired and are now working at companies like Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, JP Morgan, Facebook, Shopify + other top tech companies.
They come from all different backgrounds, ages, and experiences. Many even started as complete beginners.
So there's no reason it can't be you too.
And you have nothing to lose. Because you can start learning right now and if this course isn't everything you expected, we'll refund you 100% within 30 days. No hassles and no questions asked.
When's the best time to get started? Today!
There's never a bad time to learn in-demand skills. But the sooner, the better. So start learning Business Intelligence with Excel today by joining the ZTM Academy. You'll have a clear roadmap to developing the skills to build your own projects, get hired, and advance your career.Start learning now