We guarantee you that this is the best online design course and design bootcamp that you can find if you want to go from an absolute beginner with zero design knowledge to getting hired as a Web Designer making $100,000+.
What you'll learn
- Build beautifully designed web and mobile projects for your customers using modern tools used by top companies in 2023
- Immediate access to 100+ assets and premium design templates that you can keep and use to customize all your future projects
- Learn Figma from scratch for all types of design needs and then how to convert your designs into a live HTML and CSS website
- Master both Web design and Mobile design principles and how to go from sketching to fully-fledged high fidelity designs that will wow customers
- Learn design best practices and expert tips & tricks that would take you years to learn working full-time
- Learn UI/UX best practices using the latest trends in the industry
This Zero To Mastery design course is very hands-on. This course focuses on efficiently getting you from being a complete beginner to a point where you can get hired or win freelance contracts.
You will learn:
- The principles and fundamentals of graphic design
- The latest best practices in Web Design and Mobile Design
- User Interface and User Experience Design (UI/UX) fundamentals and best practices
- How to create your own beautiful, professional designs (not just watch us!) using the most in-demand, modern design tools and best practices for 2023
- The skills to convert your designs into actual websites or apps using HTML and CSS
Along the way, you are going to go through the full design process and design an actual product for a company that you will be able to add to your portfolio.
We cover everything you need to know so that the next time you are in charge of designing a product, you will have a step-by-step outline and guide to follow.
Bonus: You’ll also get instant access to 100+ assets and premium design templates that you can keep and use to customize all your future projects.
Graduates of Zero To Mastery are now working at Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, Uber, Facebook, Shopify + other top tech companies (seriously, google it. Check reddit. Look on Youtube).
They are also working as top freelancers getting paid while working remotely around the world.
This can be you.
By enrolling today, you’ll also get to join our exclusive live online community classroom to learn alongside thousands of students, alumni, mentors, TAs and Instructors.
Active. Thriving. Supportive. Helpful. Friendly. Motivating. Essential.
These are just a few of the words students use to describe the ZTM Discord community.
Most importantly, you will learning from industry experts that have actual real-world experience working for companies in Toronto And Silicon Valley.
Here are the many topics you'll learn in this Design Bootcamp
We told you this is the best, most comprehensive design course online. So let's prove it by taking a look at everything you're going to learn.
0. Web & Mobile Design Principles & Design vs Web Development
1. GETTING STARTED – Sketching, Inspiration + Structure
- Intro to sketching
- Sketching UX flows
- Sketching tips
- How to stay inspired
- How to find design inspiration online
- What are user flows?
- The do’s and don’ts
- Speeding up your workflow with components
- Creating your own user flows: Registration (Part 1)
- Creating your own user flows: Search (Part 2)
- Creating your own user flows: Checkout (Part 3)
- An intro to sitemaps
- Creating a basic sitemap
- What you should be doing before you start
- Creating a sitemap (Part 1)
- Creating a sitemap (Part 2)
- Tips for getting started
2. EXPLORE AND ITERATE – Wireframes, Prototyping and Feedback
- What is a wireframe?
- How do I create a wireframe?
- Speeding up your workflow in Figma
- Creating a home page
- Creating a product page
- Creating a checkout page
Prototyping using Figma
- Prototyping basics in Figma: Device + Triggers
- Prototyping basics in Figma: Actions
- Prototyping basics in Figma: Overflow
- Prototyping basics in Figma: Presentation + Collaboration
- Linking together a quick user flow in Figma
- Working on small interactions with Figma
Getting feedback on your designs
- Why is feedback so important?
- How to get constructive design feedback
3. VISUAL DESIGN – Design Theory & Accessibility
Grids + Spacing
- Spacing and Grid Basics
- Responsive Grids in Figma
- Creating your own grid in Figma
- The rules of the grid
- Typography basics (Part 1)
- Matching typefaces to an era
- Typography basics (Part 2)
- Selecting the right typeface
- Typography basics (Part 3)
- Picking a typeface
- Does your typeface suit your scenario?
- Expanding an existing type system
- Choosing typefaces in Google Fonts
- Narrowing down your typography choices
- Creating a type system in Figma
- Color schemes
- Important questions to ask before picking colors
- Helpful tips for creating color palettes
- Creating a monochromatic color palette
- Applying your simple color palette
- Expanding a strict color palette
- Creating your own color palette
Forms + UI Elements
- What are UI Elements?
- Best Practices Part 1: Forms
- Best Practices Part 2: Inputs (Part 1)
- Best Practices Part 2: Inputs (Part 2)
- Best Practices Part 2: Inputs (Part 3)
- Best Practices Part 2: Inputs (Part 4)
- Best Practices Part 3: Buttons
- How to create components in Figma
- Using atomic elements in Figma
- Using Instances in Figma
- Editing instances to create new components
- Using constraints to create responsive components
- Creating a registration form in Figma
Imagery + Iconography
- Resources and techniques to create great visual assets
- Working with photos in Figma (Part 1)
- Working with photos in Figma (Part 2)
- Working with illustrations in Figma
- Using Figma plugins to find Icons quickly
- Creating your very own custom icons
- What is accessibility?
- Assistive technologies
- Visual patterns for accessibility (Part 1)
- Tools to make your design accessible
- Visual patterns for accessibility (Part 2)
4. DESIGN EXPLORATION – Application Design & Design Systems
- What are design patterns?
- Why are design patterns valuable?
- How to apply design patterns
- Analyzing design patterns together
- Dissecting and choosing design patterns together
- Mobile design best practices (Part 1)
- Mobile design best practices (Part 2)
Applying Visual Design
- Design Fidelity
- Style Exploration (Navigation)
- Style Exploration (Cards)
- Style Exploration (Interests)
- Style Exploration (New Elements)
Motion Design Basics (you'll also get access to Daniel's full Motion Design course)
- The importance of motion
- The purpose of motion
- Intro to Figma Smart Animate
- Showcasing the power of Figma Smart Animate
- What are microinteractions?
- Why are microinteractions so important?
- Creating your own microinteractions (Part 1)
- Creating your own microinteractions (Part 2)
- Using Figmotion (Part 1)
- Using Figmotion (Part 2)
5. PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER – Using our Design System and Hi-Fi prototyping with Figma
- What is a design system?
- Foundation (Color)
- Foundation (Grids and Spacing)
- Foundation (Typography)
- Foundation (Iconography)
- Components (Buttons)
- Components (Inputs)
- Components (Cards)
- Recipes (Card Layouts)
- Recipes (Search)
- Recipes (Orders)
- Using our design system (Search)
- Using our design system (Product Description)
- Using our design system (Cart)
- Using our design system (Checkout)
Working with Developers
- Why is handoff so important?
- Collaboration in Figma
6. FROM FIGMA TO WEBSITE (take a Figma design and convert it to a live website using HTML and CSS)
7. HTML + HTML5
8. CSS + CSS3 - CSS basics, CSS Grid, Flexbox, CSS Animations
9. PUTTING YOUR WEBSITE ONLINE
What matters most is that by the end of this course, you will have learned everything you need to become a Designer that can get hired.
What's the bottom line?
Design is a valuable skill that doesn’t get outdated easily like many technical skills. Trends change, but the skills and fundamentals you learn in this course will take you many years into the future.
This course is not about making you just watch along without understanding the principles so that when you are done with the course you don’t know what to do other than watch another tutorial. No!
This course will push you and challenge you to go from an absolute beginner to someone that is a top designer that can get hired by world-class companies and allow you to charge a lot of money for your time 💪!
And you have nothing to lose. You can start learning right now and if this course isn't everything you expected, we'll refund you 100% within 30 days. No hassles and no questions asked.
When's the best time to get started? Today!
There's never a bad time to learn in-demand skills. The sooner, the better. So start learning design today by joining the ZTM Academy. You'll have a clear roadmap to developing the skills to build your own projects, get hired, and advance your career.Start learning now